Business Intelligence is nothing but a term that helps the user in decision making to run the business or important questions related to business. It helps the user in the management of any organization for the growth of their business. BI helps the user to make the decision that leads to growth in their business with the help of the appropriate reports and data of any business, which is very important.
So you have finally found your dream job in Business Intelligence but are wondering how to crack the 2021 Business Intelligence Interview and what could be the probable Business Intelligence Interview Questions. Every interview is different, and the scope of a job is different too. Keeping this in mind, we have designed the most common Business Intelligence Interview Questions and Answers to help you get success in your interview. You can easily crack these Business Intelligence Interview Questions, which are asked in an interview.
Top 10 Business Intelligence Interview Questions and Answers
Below are the top Business Intelligence Interview Questions and Answers
- What is Business Intelligence?
The term ‘Business Intelligence’ (BI) provided the user with data and tools to answer any decision making the important question of an organization; it can be related to run the business or part of a business. In short, business intelligence is used for reporting the specified data of any business, which is very important and using which higher management of any organization will make the decision for the growth of their business. Normally below decisions can be decided by any organization from the Business Intelligence tool:
- BI is used to determine whether a business is running as per plan.
- BI is used to identify which things are actually going wrong.
- BI is used to take and monitor corrective actions.
- BI is used to identify the current trends of their business.
- What are the different stages and benefits of Business Intelligence?
There are the following five stages of Business Intelligence:
- Data Source: It is about extracting data from multiple data source.
- Data Analysis: It is about providing a proper analysis report based on useful knowledge from collecting data.
- Decision-Making Support: It is about to properly using the information. It always targets to provide a proper graph on important events like take over, market changes, and poor staff performance.
- Situation Awareness: It is about filtering out irrelevant information and setting the remaining information in the context of the business and its environment.
- Risk Management: It is about to discover that what corrective actions might be taken or decisions made at different times.
Following are different benefits of Business Intelligence:
- Improving decisions making.
- Speed up on decision making.
- Optimizing internal business process.
- Increase operational efficiency.
- Helping or driving for new revenues.
- Gaining an advantage in terms of competitive markets with another close competitor.
- What are different Business Intelligence tools available in the market?
There are a lot of intelligence tools available in the market, in between them, below are the most popular:
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- SAS Business Intelligence
- Business Object
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Tool
- Oracle Hyperion System
- What is the universe in Business Analytics?
The universe is a kind of semantic layer between the database and user interface. More correctly, it is one of the interfacing layers between the client (business user) and a data warehouse. It actually defines an entire relationship between various tables in a data warehouse.
- Define or list the differences between OLAP and OLTP?
In general, we can assume OLTP is actually helping to provide source data in a data warehouse and OLAP help to analyze the same.
- What is a dashboard in a data warehouse?
The dashboard is nothing but the arrangement of all the reports and graphs on one page. It is nothing but the collection of reports in a different format that has the same functionality display on the same page.
- Explain the difference between data warehouse and transnational system.
- Explain the Fact and Dimension table with an example.
A Fact table is the center table in the star schema of a data warehouse. It was actually holding quantitative information for analysis, and maximum time it de-normalized.
A dimension table is one of the important tables in a data warehouse’s star schema, which stores attribute, or dimension, that describe the objects in a fact table.
The fact table mainly holds two types of columns. The foreign key column allows joins with dimension tables, and the major columns contain the data that is being analyzed.
- Define or list the differences between a snowflake schema and a star schema.
- Explain or Define a RAGGED hierarchy.
Ragged hierarchy actually maintaining a relationship in case of parent member of at least one member of the dimension is not in the level immediately above the member. As an example, if we think about geographical hierarchy and considering North America as a continent, then it has a country (like the United States), province or state (like California), and city (like San Francisco). But if we consider Europe, Greece, or Athens, it doesn’t have this kind of hierarchy. So in this example, Europe, Greece or Athens branches descend to a different depth, creating a ragged hierarchy.